Greece is home to some 6000 islands, 200 odd of which are inhabited and the largest of them all is Crete. Home to the world’s oldest olive tree and centre of Europe’s oldest civilisation, the Minoan (2700BC), this truly is Ancient Greece. In western Crete it is the Venetian influence which can be more keenly felt and is in evidence in places such as Chania with the lovely multi-coloured marina reminiscent of Burano and Portofino. Across from Crete is the island synonymous with glamour and beauty: Santorini. Oía and Fira are the epitome of Greek charm: white washed houses dotted with blue domes. This trip is about indulgence both in terms of taking your time and in terms of food, wine and wellness. With boat trips, wine tasting, cookery lessons and wanderings through beautiful towns, the emphasis is on relaxation; a vacation to ensure that you return home rested and content.
Day 1 Welcome to Greece!
Today you will be whisked away from the airport to your hotel where you can unwind, relax and perhaps enjoy a wander around the charming marina of Chania, enjoying a walk out to the lighthouse to get the best views of the multi-coloured houses which adorn the harbour. (D)
Day 2 Boats ahoy!
Today enjoy a day out on a private boat, visiting the truly spectacular beaches of Balos, Gramvousa and a private beach. A picnic lunch will be provided complete with alcohol. You will return mid afternoon where the rest of the day and evening is free for wandering Chania’s beautiful little streets crammed with lovely cafes, bars and boutiques. (B, L)
Day 3 Surprise Day!
Today is a surprise day. Further details will be given closer to the time. The late afternoon and evening are free for you to relax. (B, L)
Day 4 Beautiful Botanical Gardens
Today you will be led around the Botanical gardens where you can enjoy the scents of all the herbs, plants, fruits and flowers typical of the island before using those very same as the ingredients to prepare a typically Greek mezze lunch.
This afternoon and evening you have at your leisure perhaps to enjoy a visit to one of the local museums catering to interests as varied as soccer, maritime history and archaeology.(B, L)
Day 5 Simply Santorini
Today you are off by high-speed jet, to the idyll that is Santorini. Upon arrival you will check into the hotel and then head out for a wine tasting to toast your holiday! Yiamas!
Day 6 Sailing the ocean blue
The morning begins with you boarding your private catamaran to sail around Santorini and enjoy some truly spectacular views and stops such as the Red beach so called because of the colour of the sand, an opportunity to walk up onto the volcano and enjoy views across to Oia, the opportunity to swim in the hot springs of Nea Kameni and the chance to swim and snorkel off the boat before enjoying lunch on board. Upon your return the rest of the day is free to wander the streets of Oia or Fira at your leisure, perhaps drinking in the view in the plethora of gorgeous cafes which line the clifftop. (B, L)
Day 7 Tilting at Windmills
Mykonos is your destination today as you catch the high-speed boat over to the island known for its picturesque windmills and Little Venice. After checking in and having some free time for lunch, enjoy a walking tasting tour of the little town, including a visit to a bakery dating back to the eighteenth century; and of course eating the goodies within is an obligatory part of the visit. This evening indulge in some of the wonderful seafood for which Mykonos is well known. (B, D)
Day 8 Sun Worshipping
In Greece it is hard to escape the presence of the gods and so it is to Delos that you will head this morning, to visit the island and archaeological site birthplace of Apollo, the Sun God. Upon your return the afternoon is to be spent at one of Mykonos’s beautiful, exclusive beach clubs with a final dinner to bid Greece a fond farewell. (B, D)
Day 9 Departure
After catching the high-speed boat to Athens you will be taken by private transfer to the airport to catch your flight back to the US.
Included in this trip:
- 4 nights in Crete, 3 nights in Santorini and 2 nights in Mykonos *
- Centrally located, upmarket hotels.
- The services of an extremely highly qualified and experienced Tour Manager who will accompany you throughout your trip.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- Private transport, unless otherwise stated.
- High speed boattransport between Crete, Mykonos and Santorini
- All tips. For instance, tips to tour managers, local guides, restaurants and porterage (where available) are all included in the total price; one less thing to think about.
- Food & Beverages:
- Breakfast and either lunch or dinner unless otherwise stated.
- When lunch and/or dinner are included, alcohol in the form of wine and/or beer is provided, unless otherwise stated.
- Guided Visits with a difference:
- Cookery lesson in the Botanical gardens
- private half- Santorini catamaran cruise
- Entrance to the archaeological site of Delos
- private full day boat cruise of Balos and Gramvousa beaches among others
- winery visit
- A surprise. We are children at heart after all
- There are no ‘optionals’ for sale. Everything you have in the itinerary is included in the total cost.
- Aperitivi, coffee and snacks where stated.
*Please note this tour can be reversed in order of visits, meaning visiting Mykonos first, then Santorini and finally Crete.
Not included in this trip:
- Flights not included. I suggest that you book return flights to Athens and then I will advise on the internal flight to Crete.
- Travel insurance.
Please note that in booking a trip with me, you are also contributing to charities which support young people in education. The charity I currently give to is the Malala Fund: www.malala.org , whose mission it is to help the 130 million girls worldwide, who are currently unable to access education.
Customised itinerary designed by Lucy Loves Travel Ltd.
Copyright © 2019 – Lucy Loves Travel Ltd. All rights reserved.